Vomiting, diarrhea, stomach pain. Diagnosed as irritable bowel syndrome. Help

About once every 6 months I experience violent vomiting and diarrhea . This continues until there is absolutely nothing left. I have severe stomach pains and vomit all night on an average of 8 to 10 times. In between the vomitting I also have diarrhea. I have had doctors tell me I have irritable bowel syndrome and overly active acids in my stomach/digestive tract. Please help! I am literally unable to function for a couple of days after because I am speak and sore. Thanks so much!
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012