Virgin, have missed period, regular spotting, habit of regular masturbation. What could be the cause?

I am an 18 year old virgin female , and I have started my period like 5 years ago but it is irregular till now. It could come after 3 months and then after only 1 month and then 3 months and so on . But lately I have had my period 2 months ago and then I have been spotting since then. I have been spotting for about 2 months now and I have never taken birth control pills and I am still a virgin so I have never had sex before . I only started masturbating using the water from the shower head 2 months ago , and I used to do it frequently up to twice a day , could that be related ?? Please I need your help to know what s wrong and how can I stop it because it is so bothersome .. It is very hard for me t go to a gyno so I would really appreciate your help ..
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012
Thanks for consulting us.
Masturbation is not likely to cause menstrual irregularity, rather this is a sign of some other pathology. You should have a pelvic ultrasound scan to view your lower genital tract.
Birth control pills may help relieve your symptoms but a doctors visit is mandatory before trying anything.
Wish you good health.