Virgin, cramps, fleshy flower bud like discharge during periods. What could it be?

A few days ago my period started off spotty. On the second day I went to the bathroom having an cramp and a piece of something flesh toned was in the toilet. It looked like a fleshy flower bud about an inch and a half long. Afterwards my period continued as it normally did (heavy). I am 19 and I am not on birth control and I am still a virgin . What was that fleshy rose bud? I heard it could be a part of the uterin wall but I m not sure.
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Yes, it could have been the inner uterine lining called the endometrium which sheds during your periods. I do no think there is anything to worry about as this is normal.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.