If antibiotic (amox-clav) did not resulted improvement, if I were your caring doctor would suggest:
- do culture of throat swab and sensitivity (bacteria and fungal infection
It could be of great help if you could send the photo of your throat, so I can give an exact answer.
However, to my judgement, you are suffering of infection of throat caused by candida (that's why I suggested culture for candida of throat swab).
Meanwhile, until the results are in and you consult ENT specialist
, I'd advise to:
- do washing of throat with water and salt and little soda bicarbonate (you will see improvement for sure)
- take 1 tablespoon of olive oil after 15 min you had washing with water and salt and soda
- take 1 teaspoon of honey with little squeezed lemon after 15 min of taking olive oil.
- drink more water
- avoid spicy, chilly, too hot too cold
Looking forward to have the photos of your throat in.