Vertigo, ear infection, trouble swallowing, white patch on tonsil. Strep?

Hi, started two weeks ago with vertigo and I thought I a left ear infection . And then my nose started draining a little and then sinus headaches. 7 days ago I went to local urgent care because I thought I had strep . I had a white patch on my left tonsil .. Test was negative.. Next day I could barely swallow so I call my Dr and she saw me right away. She put me on Amox-Clav 875MG one tablet twice daily for ten days. I ve been on it for six days. It was getting better after 24 hours an this morning it has come back and is now on bothe sides of my tonsils. I feel it down my throat. Dr said if it isn t any better by today she is sending me to an ENT. Do you think they will take my tonsils out? I don t understand why this will not go away. I am 46 years old. Do you think spicy food would make it worse?
Asked On : Fri, 19 Oct 2012