Ventricular tachycardia, cardiac arrest, difficulty breathing. Cause of death?

I lost my father recently. He suffered from Left ventricular tachycardia suffering heart attack in 1987 and cardiac arrest in 2002. Ever since he had been placed in AICD . He also had COPD . His lungs were weak and his left ventricle worked only 35%. Early this year he like before complained of difficulty in breathing. He consulted a chest specialist. He was given steriods. But just the next day morning he coulne breath and collapsed after which there was froth coming out from his mouth. Doctor what could have possibly happened. I know he is already no more. But we have been doing his treatment since last two decades in the best possible way but it was only in the end stage that we could not know his cause. I am from Guwahati and his treatment majorly went in Escorts Delhi. Although that particular day he was in Guwahati and the doctors here dont give any reply. Please help and reply although its a question of my dead father .Please.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Oct 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
i am extremaly sorry for demise of your father
from your history and background problem of heart atteck and ventricular tachycardia and arrest in 2002 and LV function of 35 % with lung disease i feel he had problem of acute left ventricular failure on top of existing LV dysfunction cause may be another heart attack or ventricular arrythmia may be due to heart attack or electrolyte imbalance or underlying infection in lung
our body system connected to each other heart , lung , kidney , liver , brain all are vital organs and work in co ordination, once one organ get affected other also get consequnces in due corse of disease and finally disease reach in a stage when even minor hurt will also cause major consequnces
once again i am sorry for demise of your father and praying for eternal peace for his soul
take care