Venous doppler test shows bad veins. What is the procedure called?

So my husbad had a venous doppler done and we were told that he has bad veins basically and she was telling me about a procedure over the phone that she can do but I wasn t able to fully understand what she called the procedure I thought it was something along the lines of a flarectomy (I know that is not the spelling) something about taking out the bad veins, do you have any idea of what this procedure may be called so we can do some looking into. Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 5 Nov 2012