Vaginal discharge with foul odor after child birth. Medication?

I m 29yrs old and for about the last 8 months I ve had a very foul odor discharge from my vagina . It only happens when i gave birth with my first baby. after 6months of my baby a got my menstruation before and after my period i had this strong smell that even other people besides me can smell it. Please help! I know I need to go to the OB but I don t have insurance and I m nervous about going without insurance
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012
Thank you for asking HCM
I have gone through your query.Your problem is most likely bacterial vaginosis.For my patients with such condition i treat with clindamycin or metronidazole as vaginal suppository or as oral tablets.I also advise them to use intimate wash to normalize vaginal bacterial flora and PH and there by prevent further infections.Hope this may help you.
Let me know if you have any further query.