Vaginal bleeding post child birth. Taken primolut tablets, no menstrual bleeding. Negative pregnancy test. Causes?

Hi there, I delivered a healthy baby on xxxxxx. After that my bleeding stopped after around 35 days. During Christmas we had a holiday planned, and I was having low spotting so I took Primolut tablets to suppress my period, I did ask my gyn and she said its ok and I should resume my regular cycle once I stop the tablets. I stopped the tablets after 8-days of use and immediately on 6th of Jan 2013 I have a medium period which lasted around 5 days with not so heavy bleeding. Since then I have not have any spotting or periods, I took a pregnancy test 2-weeks ago and it was negative. Me and my husband never had un-protected sex so now we both are confused as why I am not getting my period. Any guidance in this regard will truly be helpful. Thanks a lot in Advance.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Mar 2013