Using melacare forte cream. Having red patches on face after stopping it. Skin hypersensitive. Solution?

I have been using melacare forte cream for the past 3 years. My facial skin was wheatish during my childhood days. However, it turned really dark during my teenage years. 3 years ago, I visited Kaya Skin Clinic and got yellow peeling done. The doctor also advised use of melacare forte alongside. The results were miraculous to say the least and my complexion changed to get a very good glow and it became atleast 5 shades lighter. I would like to mention here that my body is more on the wheatish/ fair side, it is only the face which is facing the major issue. However now, I have red patches below my eyes and corners of my nose . The skin has become hyper sensitive and even shaving is almost impossible. Moreover, the complexion is not as good as what it used to be. I tried to stop using melacare, but that lead to serious problems on my face and redenning was so high that it even gave a painful burning sensation the reddening was really bad. I had to again start using melacare to reduce the reddening. But I continue to have red patches. I am not using sun screen these days, but heard using sunscreen and avoiding sun could help. The worst part is my marriage is around the corner, and I really cannot afford a darker complexion. I am hence continuing with melacare, though reddish areas continue to persist. But it gets worse when I stop using it. I somehow need to have a clear fair complexion, but at the same time get rid of this addicted skin problem. Is there anyway on earth I can be saved? To be honest, I am even loosing sleep over this. Please help. I have also noticed that my lips have become really dark, is this a side effect?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Feb 2013