Using laxatives for a long time. Will this cause inferility?

Hello, i am 21 years old and have been using laxatives for about 3 years now. they are dulcolax, i think they are in the stimulant class of laxatives? they are bisacodyl. i have tried to stop many times but seem to keep having them again. i am just wondering if they will cause me to be unable to have a baby in a few years time? if i stopped now would i be able to rectify and problems i have caused?
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

There are no side effects of these medications and you are safe with having a baby anytime while still using these medications. However if you prefer to change your lifestyle instead of taking these medications I suggest that you visit with a nutritionist. I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day !