Urine color brown, dizziness on taking meloxicam. MRI scan needed. What is injected in our body?

Hello Dr. Grief, I am concerned about 2 things that have been occurring after taking Meloxicam?Mobic for a few years now, I need them to become mobile and have tried not to rely on them too heavily, only when things are really dire, or if I have to go to town and do a shop etc. but lately , I have noticed that my urine is quite a brown colour when I am taking them and I also have one other disturbing symptom, I feel dizzy and once got out of bed in night to void, when I felt myself being pulled to the left and my balance not working properly. I have stopped taking them and would always take Co-dydramol with the Mobic, so have stopped taking them as well. I have read that the side effects can cause dizziness and also kidney problems. I am now hardly able to move and find it a great effort when I do as well as the pain. I went to a specialist that told me I could have a neurotoma as I also have tinnitus , and would need an MRI scan . I understand that this involves being injected with a substance that helps the image to stand out better. I would like to know what is contained in the substance that is being injected into my body. Incidently, I do not drink except a glass of Baileys at Christmas time and I do not smoke . I am 68 years old. Please can you help?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Mar 2013