Upper spine pops up on deep breathing, intense when back is pressed. Possible solution?

Hey, I ve been having a slightly annoying issue with my upper spine . Every once and a while when I take a deep breath, a vertebrae in my upper spine pops after a build in tension . It had happened to me before for some time before, but went away until about three weeks ago. It tends to happen more often and more intensely when my back is pressed against a firm seat, like a drivers seat. It isn t particularly painful, most of the time, but it s quite annoying as it never stops happening, and I was wondering if there is any action that could be recommend.
Asked On : Mon, 31 Dec 2012

I have studied your case.

Most probable reason for your symptoms could be postural problem as you may be sitting for long time and working on computer for long time.

When such patient comes to my hospital we usually take x ray spine or if required MRI to see for any nerve compression.
Medication like methylcobalamine with muscle relaxant and analgesic will reduce pain; you can take them consulting your treating doctor.

Some exercises which can be done after pain has reduced include- Spine extension exercises, Lying on your stomach flat lift leg 6 inches from ground, do it for other leg.
Now lift both hand and leg simultaneously, 6 inch off the ground and stay
Position for around 10 breathes. Core stabilizing spine exercises will help.

You may consult physiotherapist for further guidance. He may start TENS, or ultrasound which is helpful in your case.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.
If you find this answer helpful do not hesitate to rate this answer at end of discussion.