Unusual pigmentation in gums, sore cheeks, taking pain medication for ME and fibromyalgia. Anything to worry about?

I attended a maxillofacial consultation requested by my dentist . I attended and following examining my mouth I was told I have unusual pigmentation in my gums and the inside of my cheeks. The doc took blood tests and explained I would have a biopsy completed too to rule anything nasty out. However, he said the presentation was quite unusual and explained I have what appears as large freckles (one has a white centre and is surrounded in a deep purple blueish colour the other just bluish purple). Each area is the size of a fifty pence peace on each cheek and at least a 2mm line across the top gum of my top 4 teeth . I have not noticed any unusual pain, but occasionally my cheeks are sore as if I have accidently bit down on them when I am sleeping. I take pain medication as I have M.E. and Fibromyalgia and I also use a sleep ap machine at night. Sometimes my gums flare up which cause a deep gnawing discomfort which is eases with my existing pain relief for other symptoms of the ME and Fibro. I am just needing to know what the worse scenario is and if I have anything to worry about. The doctor did say it is nothing to worry about just very unusual but I felt he was going home to read up on it further. He took blood tests and said he will book a biopsy to be done. I am a smoker and drink a lot of strong coffee. Those are my two bad habits and I have not drank alcohol for a number of years given my medical problems it does not agree with me. I am concerned about mouth cancer given how quickly this has presented since my last dental check around 6 months ago. My dentist has changed but this was never mentioned prior to attending my new dentist.
Asked On : Sun, 3 Jun 2012