Unsteady, lightheaded, taking Benicar, Nexium. Benfotiamine causes muscle spasms. Any ideas?

Very suddenly, about one hour ago, I felt VERY unsteady on my feet. I almost fell down a couple times. My head felt spacey, sorta lightheaded. I wasn t confused and no headache. My speech was fine. I was busy running around straightening my kitchen and quite tired when this occurred. I don t drink or take drugs. I am a 61 y.o. female, 5 4 , 218#. I take the following drugs: benicar , nexium , metformin (1500mg), effexor, flonase , and progesterone . The progesterone was recently prescribed and I ve been taking it for 1 week. I take a variety of supplements , but nothing new--I ve taken most of them for years. I do take a very high dose of Benfotiamine for neuropathey in my toes (it s very effective). It does have the side effect of causing muscle spasims, which I understand is a frequent side effect. I just took my blood glucose reading and it was 126, expected for me. I should but don t have a blood pressure cuff, so don t know my reading. I don t think it s high. My last reading was a couple weeks ago and was 126/84. I have been sitting for a while typing this and I have just tried standing and walking and I am much improved, but still not 100% normal. Any ideas?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Jun 2012