Unprotected sex, taken pill, delayed periods, HCG tests shown negative. Side effects of pill?

Im having a bit of a pregnancy scare right now. I had a very brief moment of unprotected sex on the 9th of March, a day after my periods got over, and then took an i-pill the next day just as a precaution. I've had protected sex about 3 - 4 times since. My period was to start on the 7th or 9th of April this time round, but my periods have shown no signs of starting. I'm in no position to get pregnant right now. Have taken two HCG tests in a fit of desperation and both have thankfully shown negative. I've got a third test to take tomorrow morning though. Are HCG tests as reliable? Is this delay because of the pill? Help!
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013