Unprotected sex, taken Nordette, heavy bleeding. Normal?

hello doctors, Me and my girlfriend had unprotected sex, then my girlfriend took 4pcs of Nordette as ECP within 65hrs of unprotected sex, then 4pcs again of Nordette after 12 hrs of the 1st dose...then a few days later she bled heavily for a day then it stopped because started working out the following that normal and is she not suppose to get her period this month?
Asked On : Sat, 12 May 2012
Hi!there is nothing to worry about.its a normal phenomenon.the pill you took contains levonorgestrel(progesterone) which if taken before the ovulation takes place, can cause what we call "progesterone withdrawal bleeding" after few days of its ingestion. its absolutely normal and there is nothing to worry about. but next time make sure to have some protection as post coital pills always interferes with normal menstrual cycle. tc! :)