Underwent follicle study. Egg not ruptured after injection. What is the reason?

Hi doc,my wife had undergone follicle study on my 12th day Lt ovaian follicle 18.5mm and Endometrial thickness 8.0mm But the egg is not ruptured after given Injection Zy HCG 10,000 on 12th day. After follelcular study done on 14th days Lt. overian seen 23.0 mm and E. thinkness is 10.5. When egg will be raptured and what is the reason for not raptured after given injection Zy HCG 0000. Raptured on egg depends on size or days.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013
Hi, Thanks for using HCM.

12th day you received injection and now 14th day. Follicle size is increasing and now it is 23mm, that is good. To induce ovulation, a single dose of 5000 I.U. to 10000 I.U. of Inj Zy HCG must be administered IM. Ovulation generally occurs after 32 to 48 hours.
Sexual intercourse is recommended every day from the day before the administration and until the ovulation takes place. If pregnancy does not occur, the treatment may be repeated,with the same method.
Consult your doctor for further management.
Hope I answered your question. Feel free to ask me if you have any further queries.
Wish you good health. Take care.

Dr. Lohit

2 users find this helpful