Undergone treatment for depression, not yet cured. How to get rid off it?

hi doctor, i am a female ,26 yrs old. i have been having the symptoms of depression for about 4 years. have been under treatment for 6 months and stopped medication . even while under medication i didnt feel any cure and its severe now such a way i cannot take it anymore. i cry every night for simple reasons and stay awake whole night. i was in hospital for DSH once.. i cant control my emotions. i am short tempered and moody often. i feel like hiding in the darkness. break things in anger. i get hurt from people i love most. even a single word is enough to ruin my days. how could u help me?
Asked On : Sun, 16 Dec 2012