Undergoing uterine ablation surgery, discontinued due to uterine septum. Could this be causing heavy irregular periods?

I went in for a uterine ablation surgery (2nd surgery in a year, different doctor). My new doc informed me that he could not do the procedure due to a uterine septum. Everything I am finding online discusses fertility. That is not a concern of mine as I had a tubal ligation last year. My question is, can this septum be the reason for very unpredictable, heavy periods? I also have severed cramping and can bleed for up to 10 days. Another question is, why did my previous doctor who performed the tubal not find this? Also, he supposedly did an ablation as well but how could that be if my current doctor could not perform the ablation due to the septum?
Asked On : Wed, 10 Apr 2013