Unable to sleep, panic and anxiety attacks while sleeping. Treatment?

Hello Doctor, last night I went to bed and tried to fall asleep, but woke up gasping for air each time I did. This happened maybe eight times that I can remember. I ve had it before and I was very scared the first few times but found on the internet there was a good chance it was anxiety attacks . Afterwards, It died down alittle and more importantly I wasn t scared. But how can I return to a normal sleeping pattern? Often I don t get any to very little sleep, which makes things worse. I d just like a few suggestions to help me get some rest. Many thanks,
Asked On : Sun, 8 Jul 2012