Unable to move leg after over stretching, pain in inner thigh. Neurological problem?

My friend just recently went to climb back in his bed and over stretched his left leg. he already went to the doctor and was told it might be a possible herniated disc or a pinched nerve in his hip. after his recent incident, he was unable to move his leg without the assistance of his hands and had pain on the inner thigh. After 10-15 minutes he was able to walk on it again and no longer feels discomfort in his leg. could this be a possible neurological occurrence?
Asked On : Mon, 24 Dec 2012