Ultrasound shows fibromyoma, same symptoms as uterine cancer. Can ultrasound distinguish between malignant and benign?

I am very much worried about the condition of my friend. Ultrasonography revealed she has a fibromyoma. And we referred to a gynecologist on september 11,therefore we have zero idea at this moment. As I have read the symptoms she is undergoing right now is the same as with uterine cancer . Her general doctor told us we have nothing to worry about. Is utrasonography can be reliable enough to distinguish malignant to benign? Thank you so much..
Asked On : Mon, 3 Sep 2012