Ultrasound showed ill defined hypo echoic lesions in the parotid gland. Mouth dryness and teeth discomfort, mouth ulcers. Are the two conditions of the parotid and mouth related?

Hi, My mother had an ultrasound six months back and two small ill defined hypo echoic lesions were observed of size 4.1 x 3.7mm and 4 x 3.3mm respectively in the superficial lobe of right parotid gland . She has consulted general physicians, general surgeons and dentists along the way and was conveyed that the lesions were small and is of minimal concern. They also suggested that the cause could have been due to some prior infection. She is asked to drink lots of water on a continous basis. However my mother faces problems with dryness of mouth and discomfort with few of the frontal teeth. Also strangely after this was diagnosed she has frequent mouth and tongue ulcer problems which affects her food intake and sometimes lasts for more than a week. I am not sure as to which doctor I should approach to and whether these symptoms are related to the lesions observed in the parotid glands. I also understand that the parotid glands once affected cannot be regenerated back ? Thanks and hope your guidance could lead me in the right direction for diagnosis and therapy, if available . Regards
Asked On : Fri, 30 Mar 2012