Ultrasound showed fluid in womb. Postmenopausal. Echo measurement increased. Meaning?

Ultrasound showed fluid in womb. Postmenopausal. No symptoms. Scarring to cervix due to Lletts done in 2008, so Gyny unable to get into uterus to do biopsy . He went in sideways- into a false passageway! He made a second attempt and went into the same false passageway and dilated the flesh 4cm! He gave up and said he would need to try again under general anaesthetic . I don’t feel confident he will have any more chance under a general and am thinking of leaving it and monitoring it as I think it will just churn my cervix up even more. He offered Hysterectomy which I think is extreme. (1) I think that the fluid has probably been in uterus since 2008 and not caused a problem so wonder if I just leave it there? (2) the ‘echo’ measurement has now increased after his attempt, so does that mean blood has entered my uterus now as a result of his trying to get in? If so, should I be concerned? Will it get infected and cause problems? Or will the echo increase just be temporary? (3) Even if he could drain the fluid – will it just return again?
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013