Ultrasound showed bulky ovary. Will it cause any problem in future?

hi doctor, when i got ultrasound done in feburary my right ovary was nomal in size and left one had volume of 13.8cc and when i got it done in october righ one s volume was 16cc whereas left one s 19cc. so what could be the possible reason for growth? and how does bulky ovary effects my health and how can i get back to normal? please reply i need help
Asked On : Wed, 19 Dec 2012
small increases in the size of the ovary at times could be due to hormonal influences in your body, causing functional cysts, which are usually of small sizes. A large cyst as what you are describing from ultrasound results need a more keener investigation, to actually elucidate whether its organic or inorganic. Delayed diagnosis could lead to complications such as torsion, hemorrage or rupture, which at times could be very painful or necessitate surgery. A proper consultation with your gynecologist for mproper investigations to rule out malignancy and actually confirm or control the size of the cyst, together with other lab results are imperative.