Ulcerative colitis, ulcers in colon, rectum, blood in stools, mucus with blood. Cancer risk?

hi i m pateint of ulcerative colitis since 8 years. i m taking masacol 3+3+3 pr day nd 125 mg imuran pr day. i have ulcers in descending colon sigmoid colon nd in rectum . whenever i need to go to washroom sometimes fresh blood came out wd hard stool sometimes mucus wd blood came out 3 to 4 times pr day.i want to know is there risk of having cancer? after how many years i have risk nd how many percent? surgery is best option for me in ur opinion or not. i also want t know is it possible to remove only damaged part of colon instead of entire colon . kindly plzz give me ur suggestions i will be very thankful to u
Asked On : Wed, 16 May 2012