Two periods in a cycle, dark brown flow, have pregnancy symptoms, had protected sex. Pregnant or periods onset?

hi, my name is Melissa and I had my period twice in the same month of august one in the first week and one in the last. I did have sex on september 14th with protection but I m having pregnancy like symptoms and just today I woke up thinking I had my period but it came out dark brown which is very unsusl. Could I be pregnant or is my cycle just really thrown off?
Asked On : Sat, 29 Sep 2012
Mar 2016
Welcome to HCM.
You got two period in August due to hormonal imbalance.
You did protected sex on 14th Sept that means around ovulation as your last LMP was last wk of Aug.
Now you get dark brown discharge that is mostly associated with old endometrial tissue rather than normal period bleeding.
Possibility of pregnancy is less according to your clinical presentation.
You can do a USG scan to evaluate underlying uterine pathology and consult with your doctor.
Maintain personal including genital hygiene to avoid intrauterine infection,keep the area clean & dry,wear cotton underwear and practice safe sex method to avoid unwanted pregnancy.
Be well.