Twitching on the face after a surgery to get the ear grommets inserted. Need advice

Hello My son had ear grommets inserted. Now developed a twitch right side of his face 4 days after the operation. He says that the grommet inserted in his right ear is not comfortable and is the cause of his twitching. Could a small piece of skin from the ear drum be remaining in the middle ear to cause this or could the grommet be either badly inserted and touching some part of the ear that is causing the twitch? Need advise please.
Asked On : Tue, 4 Sep 2012