Twisted knee on falling. Scan showed dead bone. Can I go on a rowing machine?

Hi My name is Janet I am 57yr of age and i had a fall about 6 weeks ago and twisted my knee . I have had a scan and been told i have dead bone in the knee and been given an appointment to see a surgen. I wanted to know if i can go on a rowing machine because my knee is not painful anymore and was hoping my knee will repair itself.
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
Dentist 's  Response

Welcome to the forum.

Treatment includes non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) for pain relief, and anticoagulants if a clotting disorder appears to be causing blood supply blockage. Physical therapy can teach the patient exercises to keep joints mobile and increase range of motion. The patient may need to remove weight from the affected joint by walking with crutches or by limiting certain types of activity. Electrical stimulation therapy is sometimes successful in stimulating new bone growth.

I hope this is helpful to you.

You can consult me again directly through my profile.