Trying to quit smoking with electronic cigarette. What are the side effects on its long term use?

I just reached my 6 month mark of quitting smoking. It is amazing that this is possible. I have smoked for over 20 years, between 1-2 packs per day. I quit with the assistance of an electronic cigarette . Why aren t these covered by health insurance. The amount of money that this nation would save on providing e-cigarettes to smokers in an effort to assist with smoking cessation would be remarkable! I am hoping that I didn t completely ruin my lungs before discovering the e-cigarettes. Do you know if there are any REAL health risks involved with continuing to use this product? I realize that nicotine is addictive... but the advantages seem to fully outweigh the disadvantages. What are your thoughts on this?
Asked On : Tue, 8 Jan 2013