Trying to quit smoking. Using nicotine patches, muscle pain. Normal withdrawal symptoms?

I m trying to give up smoking using Nicotine patches . Day 1 was fine but on day 2, every bone and muscle started to aches really badly. I m like 100 year old trying to walk and feel so, so terrible. It s day four now and am feeling worse. I ve smoked about 25 a day for over 20 years. Is this pain part of withdrawal? I m starting to feel that smoking may kill but giving up will kill me sooner. Any advise really welcome.
Asked On : Mon, 7 Jan 2013