Trying to control weight and hair loss. How to decrease TSH level?

hi my name is Darakhsha I am 19 years old Girl, i have been struggling to control my weight and hair loss but all in vain recently my doctor told me to get my tsh checked my reports results are: TSH (Ultrasensitive), serum by CLIA : 14.77 Prolactin , serum By CLIA : 12.64. what does that mean. My doctor told me to decrease my TSH level as soon as possible but how can i do that , The doctor has prescribed me Thyroxine Sodium Tablets can this help me or should i so something else to reduce my TSh levels.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012