Trying to concieve, transvaginal ultrasound shows ovulation, egg released spot bleeding, urine test negative, scheduled for laparoscopy. Reason?

I ve been trying to conceive for almost 2 years, I had a transvaginal us yesterday and my dr showed that I had ovulated on my left and the spot where the egg was released filled with blood. He moved the wand to check the right then asked me if I was sure I wasn t pregnant and when I told him I had just tested negative he immediately removed the wand and did a urine test (not blood). It came back negative then scheduled me for a laproscopy for the following week. My question is what did he see that made him think I could be pregnant and should I push for a blood test before the lap in case I m pregnant. My period has yet to show but I ve been spotting on and off brown blood for about a week and a half. Comes and goes
Asked On : Sat, 4 Aug 2012