Trying to concieve, done follicular study, egg size small. Suggested medication. Is this normal?

I am married for a year and I am trying to conceive. Today I went to a general check up to the Doctor. The doc did follicular study with a scan. My first day of periods was 17th June. Today is the 13th day and the egg was of the size of 16mm. The doc told that the egg should be 22-24 mm and have suggested tablets for two months. Is this is a normal case or would there be any problem for my conception .
Asked On : Mon, 2 Jul 2012
An occasional small size follicle could be a chance finding too. It is not necessarily associated with a problem in conception. Taking an overall tonic for ova health will be helpful. You can follow your gynecologist's advice.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal