Trying to concieve. Experiencing pregnancy symptoms. Pregnancy test negative. Chances of pregnancy?

I am trying for a baby and have had lots of symptoms this month which I have not experienced before. A week after ovulation I had cramps , my gum bled for 2 days when brushing and then it just stopped. I began gagging at nothing in particular and had headaches . I felt hideously tired and had to sleep there and then - luckily I was at home and my stomach had a weird fizzy feeling like I was excited or nervous for a good three days. At the weekend (2 days after ovulation) I needed to pee frequently and straight away and the gaging heightened. The day my period was due came and went, on the next day i did a test - negative. Two hours later my period appeared with cramps. usually i get cramps first then blood . I feel so confused! Could i still be pregnant. My period is mostly normal - although I have seen dark brown disharge at times and sometimes when i wipe the blood is red but very watery - resembling water colours. If I am pregnant, when could I test again? I have read that sometimes your hcg levels can be too low and the mentruation hormone can over power it. Is this true?
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013