Trying to concieve. Delayed periods. Having brown discharge/ spotting. Reason?

Hi. I am 23 and me and my boyfriend have been ttc for some months now. This month mach17 i was suppose to come on i didn t, I am now 8 days late. Today march 25 i went to the bathroom and i saw brown discharge and my panties not alot to wear a pad. when i wipe on the tissue there were pink/red/brown looking discharge. i didnt know whar it was so i put a panty liner down there to see how much it really was.. I took a nap then woke up to pee again this time there were to little brown dots on the tissuse but when i wiped i had pink/red/light brown discharge with blood clots i think. When i stood up looked in the toilet there was brown discharge mixed with my pee. I havent test yet cause i believe its to early. But Dr. Can you please let me know whats going on?
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013
First you need to take a take a test immediately. Test for pregnancy first. If its negative then pregnancy can be ruled out. In that case,this is probably a delayed period.