Trying to conceive, missed periods, negative pregnancy test, have nausea, mild cramps. Next step?

Hi. I am 33 years old and have two children (8 and 5 years). My husband and I have been trying to concieve for the third time. Until now I my periods had been fairly regular (28 days - 33 days cycle). Since my husband last tried in September 2012 on the first day ofmy LH surge, I have not had my periods. My last periods arrived on Spetember 6th 2012. My LH surged 3 days late and I was expecting periods on Ocotber 10th 2012. As of October 17th 2012 I haven t had my periods. My blood beta HCG that I took on Ocotber 15 2012 was negative. I am slightly nauseaus, have mild cramps and get a bit woozy . Can I be pregnant despite the negative test result? What should my next steps be?
Asked On : Sat, 20 Oct 2012