Trying to conceive, feeling of short luteal phase, report showed follicles in ovary. Is it serious?

hi iam trying to conceive . I have a periods every 35-40 days .I think i have a short luteal phase 10 days or less.i did my ultrasound on Day 18 .everythg appears normal .the report says in rt and lt i had like 5 to 8 follicles .the larges t one was 11 mm .iam trying for 6 mnths nw .is everythig ok wht could be wrong .l
Asked On : Mon, 1 Oct 2012
Hi ruby,
I think we need to know whether ovulation is taking place or not. That would need serial ultrasound scans to find out when and whether ovulation is taking place. Also, we would need to do a semen analysis for your partner. If your cycles are regular, you should be having unprotected sexual intercourse everyday between days 15- days 25 of your cycle, with the 1st day of the cycle being when the bleeding starts
Hope this helps