Trying to conceive, bright red blood, late ovulation, bloating, tender breasts. Pregnancy tests negative. Advise?

My husband and I have been ttc for 3 months. I am 41 years old and have two children already aged 4 and 6. For my last 2 cycles I ovulated about 3 days late and the next one i ovulated about 3 days early, but both times my period came on time (26 day cycle) but only lasted about 2.5 days which is normally 4/5 days long. It was 2 days of bleeding and about half a day of spotting. Other symptoms when I ovulated late, I was extremely bloated to the point I had to go to the doctor I was in so much agony. Then the cycle I ovulated early my breasts got really tender from the day my period started and became more painful for the next week. They have definitely grown and are still quite tender . Now this month my period has come 5 days early (today) but it started darker, but is now brighter red. I can't see any clots but I do have period type pains. It also only seems to be wine I wipe with very little on my pad. I have done a few home pregnancy tests so far but all negative. Not sure whats going on as my cycles seem upside down since we started trying. Any advice, could I be pregnant?
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013
The bright red bleeding that you are having is likely to be due to the periods. Since you had a delayed ovulation, you can get a blood test done at 10 days post ovulation to find out the status of pregnancy.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,