Trying to conceive, PCOD, on follicular study, prescribed duphaston post follicle rupture. Will I conceive?

hello doctor i need your advice as early as possible. i have pcod problem. i am looking for pregnancy . doctor advised me follicular study. from my third day of menstual cycle i took clomifine tablets to day 7th after that she advised me to take astaxanthin from day8 to day 28. i had sonography on my 9th day but follicles are small.she gave me FSH75IU.IM 3 doses from day 9th to day11. my follicular study reports are (11.8mm,13mm,15mm,16mm,18.5mm,19.5 mm) on day 10,11,13,15,17,18and endometrial echo are 7mm,8mm,8.4mm,9mm,10mm,11mm respectively. and day 20th it is ruptured. and my doctor advised me duphaston 10 mg once in day from day 20th to day 28th . this time will i get pregnent? why this duphaston tablets? pls advice me .thank you
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012
Hello fear, you have adequate size of follicle with good endometrium. There is nothing to worry and just keep your fingers crossed. Chances of pregnancy depend on many factors and even normal couples have 20 percent chances of conception in each cycle. Induction with clomephene and duphaston (progesterone support) in post ovulation phase increases the chances but still cannot assure of positive results. Wish you all the best.