Trouble in swallowing and coughing up phlegm, hiccups. EKG normal. Prescribed Prilosec for gastric problem. Serious?

I had trouble swallowing this morning and have been coughing up flem. I ate a cookies this morning and it felt like it was stuck in my esophagus . I was also hiccuping. I have a family history of heart disease( father and brother) so I went to an emergent care facility. They did and EKG, normal. The heart sounded good to the doctor. I was feeling a lot better, so the doctor thought it was some sort of gastric problem,and since I was feeling fine said I should take a Prilosec and call my primary physician on Monday for follow up and strongly suggested a gastroenterologist consult. Now I tried to eat again and I could not swallow more than one bite and the symtoms have recurred. I am not in any pain and I do not have any heartburn. Should I be more concerned with these symtoms? And what do you think would be safe to eat and drink in the meantime if you think I can wait til Monday?
Asked On : Wed, 1 May 2013