Tried methyl prednisolone for skin rashes and raised bumps. Can permthrin for scabies be used for this?

I m a 79 year old man, wintering in Fl. Have very itchy skin, raised bumps/ pimples , rashes under arms, pimples on colar bone, tried one week of MethylPrednisolone , no relief. Have had for about four weeks. Have use antihistamines, no relief. Emergency room Dr. gave me a Permthrin Cream to use in case I have Scabies , but I was afraid to use, because I didn t know what the side effects would be.
Asked On : Mon, 1 Apr 2013