Tremors in hands. Difficulty in picking up things. Betacap advised by psychiatrist. Is it due to any mental problem or Parkinson's disease?

Hi doctor, i feel some times tremors in my hands (not regularly my hand are shaken..some times i feel very normal)..i.e while signing or filling bank cheque, while handling dinner plates in any family function, while taking cup of tea or coffee and most important is sometimes i am unable to pick up any food item from plate when some body is near or when i feel all the symptoms i have reported to psychiatrist in Vimhans institute in New Delhi..he advise me to take betacap-20 mg (Beta propranolol ) after morning meals but while taking from last 20 days i am still not feeling any improvement (sometimes shaking proceed as usual) whether it is Parkinson or any kind of depression or still should i increase dose of betacap 20 mg and make it to 40 mg..please advise what to do...Satya
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012