Treatment for reactive TPHA ?

Asked On : Wed, 20 Jul 2011
False positive results are seen in many patients with Treponema pallidum haemagglutination (TPHA) test.Certain patients were leprosy also showed false positive TPHA

So it common that where reagin and TPHA tests are reactive in a person who has no history or clinical signs of syphilis, the serum is sent for or referred for TPI and FTA-ABS testing.

‘Hope I have answered your query, I will be available to answer your follow up queries, “Wish you Good Health and trouble free speedy recovery”

2 users find this helpful

Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
it is common to have positive TPHA after treatment
u need not to worry if u have complete the course of penicillin injection .
do u have VDRL positive anytime before?
TPHA may remain positive for life time also
for confirmation u need to do DARK ILLUMINATION TEST .
it will give final result.
better to consult dermatologist .

2 users find this helpful