Is acute psychosis curable and does the patient return to normal state after taking treatment ?

age 42yrs female symptoms;loss of sleep,appetite and interest,feeling of guilt, hallucination , delusion ,odd speech ,suicidal attempts,unrealistic behavior,no oral intake of food.family backround:suspicious husband aged 51 yrs,two teenaged children(male and female)educational qualification:8th standard.psychiatrist report as acute psychosis and admitted.giving sedation,anti depressants and mind relaxing medicines.is acute psychosis curabe.how long it takes time to cure?does the patient return to normal state after taking treatment?
Asked On : Fri, 30 Mar 2012