Treated for Hashimotos. Given Humatrope. Ultrasound report showed Fatty liver seen. Meaning? What is Echogenic? Concerned?

I am being treated for Hashimotos. I have no IGf1 and only trace HGH either, so my Endocrinologist is giving me Humatrope. I also have high liver enzymes, so he sent me for abdominal CAT scan. The results of that said there was a small mass 'not' suspicious and to watch closely,f/u recommended. I then had an ultrasound and it read:fatty liver seen,Echogenic areas within the liver measuring 4.2 x1.8cm. The 'Impression' reads: Fatty liver seen.Echogenic mass vs. fatty tissue seen within liver,f/u is recommended. What does this actually mean? My endocrinologist told me that on the original CAT scan it showed I had an 'extra' piece of liver(thats how he interpreted it);the ultrasound was to see what is happening within that area/Should I be concerned?Why do they use the term Echogenic?

Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013