Traumatic fibroma removed, lump under tip of tongue, injected Kenalog, difficult to talk, on plastic protection

Approximately 2 months ago, a traumatic fibroma was removed from the tip of my tongue . Inflammation lasted for a few weeks. At this time, I still have a lump under the tip of my tongue. My physician, a maxillofacial doctor, injected Kenalog there but the problem persists. Since then, I had difficulty in talking without pain. Wearing a plastic protection, 24 hours-day, on my lower teeth has helped but the problem persists. My doctor admits being kind of lost. What specialty covers this type of problem as part of their expertise?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Jun 2012