Tot has sore vagina, sibling was detected with ecoli in urine. Is it related?

Hi. 4 weeks ago my 4 month old baby had a high temp/sickness. A urine sample was sent off and came back as ecoli. she was given a week of attibotics and seemed back to her happy self. This week her temp has been rising again slowly, and today she was sick. My 2.5 year has been potty trained for 2 months wih no accidents, but this week she has been wetting herself and tonight while she was in the bath she complained her vagina was sore, i had a look and it did look pretty sore. am i right in thinking she has a urine infection and is this related my 4 month old having ecoli? many thanks
Asked On : Mon, 27 Aug 2012