Tooth removed, sore throat and tonsil. On antibiotic, difficult to swallow, pain not subsiding. Is it normal?

I had my right lower & upper wisdom tooth out at my local hospital Jan29th 2013, topday 22nd feb 2013 I still can not open my mouth more than say 6-7mm. My right side of my throat and tonsil are really swollen. I vistied my normal dentist Mon 18th feb 2013, who prescribed my anitbiotics but the lump under my jaw and the swelling of my throat/tonsils does not yet seem to be subsiding, is this normal, swallowing my own saliva is even painful.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013