Tooth extraction done, root canal also done, pain after procedure. Normal symptoms?

Hello Dr. I got my left wisdom tooth extracted. And got the root canal procedure done to the teath before the extracted tooth. I went for chekup after 3 days and dr. did some procedure (She pearced some needle and tried estimating the depth,she hasnt used anesthesia ) and asked to come after twodays. After this short procedure. I am feeling pain, it doesnt subside insipte of it being close to 8 hours. I am taking . Tab.Zenflox-OZ One tablet two times a day and Tab.Flozen -AA One tablet two times a day. Is that normal to have this pain or should I be taking any pain killer?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Sep 2012